About MGI Inc.
Founded in 1982, the MGI Group is a public company with offices around the world and is registered on the Euronext/Alternext stock exchange (ALMDG). The MGI Group is a global digital printing technology leader composed of MGI Digital Technology, headquartered in Paris (Fresnes), France and KÖRA-PACKMAT, located in Villingendorf, Germany and CERADROP, located in Limoges, France.
Digital InkJet PostPress Solutions
JETvarnish 3D Evolution
The JETvarnish 3D Evolution has been specially designed to offer digital and offset printers a scalable upgradepath for a full range of production environments.
The JETvarnish 3D Evo delivers high volume productivity with up to 4,065 B2 sheets size per hour (52x74 cm/20x29’’). Its 8-up format (up to 75x120 cm/29x47’’) delivers dynamic performance for the most demanding applications in the fastest growing markets – including packaging.
The JETvarnish 3D Evo gives added value and a sensorial dimension to your printings. You can also produce prototype and « ready for press » for an affordable price.
The JETvarnish 3DW is designed for both 2D (flat)/3D Embossed Spot Coating over flexo, offset or digital web-fed printed output. Hot Foiling can be added with glamorous metallic foil to embellish labels. A digitally finished label by the MGI solution provides eye-catching sensory enhancements and dramatic tactile sensations that brand owners are looking for to distinguish their products in the marketplace.
As an option, the JETvarnish 3DW comes with an inline flexo group allowing precoating treatment for the label substrates that are not originally planned for inkjet process. This is a very elegant and flexible solution to offer a wide compatibility regardless the printing technology vused (digital, offset or flexo).
Ideal for operations with offset and/or digital presses up to 52x105 cm format, the JETvarnish 3D is the perfect solution for 3D or traditional flat spot UV coating on runs from one to thousands, providing printers with true value-added services. Gain new customers & profitable markets and your clients will receive visually stunning pieces that allow them to differentiate themselves and with customization not available through traditional and analog spot UV coating methods.
A pioneer and industry leader in spot UV coating, MGI first presented the JETvarnish at drupa 2008 and boasts the industry's largest install base. JETvarnish series customers hail from all Graphic Arts sectors such as offset commercial printers, digital printers, finishing houses, silk screen printers, specialty photo printers and book publishers. The most popular jobs include book covers, brochures, business & invitation cards and packaging.
Through a revolutionary digital process, the iFOIL eliminates the need for films, dies and makeready, allowing you to produce hot foil stamping and embossing jobs from one to thousands of sheets with both very high profitability and ease of use.
From magazine covers, books, brochures, labels, to invitations and packaging, offer new services and exceptional benefits to your customers.
Spectacular and unique effects are now available within a 100% digital process:
- embossing and debossing
- multiple colored foils applied in one pass (up to 3 colors)
- variable data printing (VDP) on Hot Foil Stamping and/or Spot UV Coating (text or image)
- foil on foil
- exclusive capability to foil and emboss on plastic including on Polypropylene (PP)
Digital Printing Solutions
Meteor Unlimited Colors
Print Service Providers (PSPs) and converters are now able to produce output with a virtually unlimited number of colors via the blending of CMYK toner and the reflective qualities of foil – including a rainbow spectrum of hues with metallic, glitter and holographic effects.
The Meteor Unlimited Colors system uses a 100% digital process to create new types of color palettes. This unique printing press and postpress foiling system completely eliminates the cost and need for die-making and traditional makeready setup times and waste. A wide variety of standard market foils – and colors, patterns and designs - can be used to create brilliant (and highly profitable) special effects. According to the various configurations, different paper formats are supported ranging from 330x650 to 330x1200 mm (13x47").
Meteor DP8700 XL+
While it incorporates the key features that made the Meteor+ series the most versatile in the industry, including true multi-substrate capabilities for paper, plastics and envelopes, laser-safe prints, offset comparable output and no click charge, the Meteor DP8700 XL+ features a host of capabilities designed to maximize production and ease of operation.
Meteor DP8700 S+
Print on substrates up to 350 gsm that include bristol, matte, glossy, C1S-C2S, Kromekote, Teslin, linen, art-textured, and labels with a print resolution of 3600 dpi/270 lpi.
Now available with a special envelope feeding module, you no longer sell simple color printing but sophisticated documents with full variable data and personalization, thus generating real added value and profit.
DF Pro - Inline with Meteor Press or Solo
This option allows you to finish all your printed jobs in one pass, saving you both time and money by having professionally printed and finished products ready for delivery.
The DF Pro can reach up to 5,800 finished sheets per hour, and for any given document, up to 20 distinct operations can be applied, all in one pass such as :
• horizontal and vertical cutting,
• positive and negative creasing
• horizontal and vertical perforating
The DF Pro Solo is a compact module that can be configured inline with a Meteor Digital Press or as a standalone solution for other printing devices and operations.
C4 enveloppes are supported through the standard features of the Meteor DP8700 XL/XL+. Print up to 3,000* envelopes per hour on thicknesses ranging from from 100 to 400 microns. You can reload it on-the-fly without interrupting the production.
Plastic Card Solutions
MGI’s JETcard 3D is a true Card Factory and can replace up to 5 different pieces of equipment traditionally used in the plastic card production chain: Litho press, collator, lamination press, die cutter and encoder/personalization printer.
The JETcard 3D utilizes pre-cut blank cards (with/without magnetic stripe or RFID) and is ideal for turnkey production from 1 card to millions, all ready to be sold (fully printed, personalized, coated, encoded & verified).
The unique technology integrated in PressCard® range includes individual heating, cooling and pressure control circuits for the manufacture of Plastic Cards (ISO CR-80) from 200 microns up to 1000 microns for POP, Labels, Signage, etc.
These compact and professional hot lamination presses are fully automated and operate with a fast cycle.
Able to die cut sheet in layouts ranging from either 21 or 24 cards up in an ISO format on thicknesses of up to 850 µ / 34 mils.
The die cutting of cards is ensured by the reading of crop marks using integrated fiber optic sensors. The cards are automatically retrieved in the triple chimney stacker.
- CONSUMABLE GRAPHIC ART SUPPLIES (INKS, COATINGS & RELATED EQUIPMENT) > Coatings, UV
- CONSUMABLE GRAPHIC ART SUPPLIES (INKS, COATINGS & RELATED EQUIPMENT) > Ink, Jet (dye, pigment, or UV)
- FINISHING & BINDING EQUIPMENT > Business Card Slitters
- FINISHING & BINDING EQUIPMENT > Coating Machines, Off-Line
- FINISHING & BINDING EQUIPMENT > Cutters, Guillotine
- FINISHING & BINDING EQUIPMENT > Cutters, Rotary
- FINISHING & BINDING EQUIPMENT > Die Cutting
- FINISHING & BINDING EQUIPMENT > Die Cutting & Creasing
- FINISHING & BINDING EQUIPMENT > Embossing Equipment
- FINISHING & BINDING EQUIPMENT > Foil Stamping Equipment
- FINISHING & BINDING EQUIPMENT > Hot Stamping
- FINISHING & BINDING EQUIPMENT > In-line Finishing & Binding Systems
- FINISHING & BINDING EQUIPMENT > Laminating Equipment
- FINISHING & BINDING EQUIPMENT > Off-Line Finishing Systems
- FINISHING & BINDING EQUIPMENT > Paper Punching Machines
- FINISHING & BINDING EQUIPMENT > Punching Equipment
- FINISHING & BINDING EQUIPMENT > RFID Label Production Equipment
- FINISHING & BINDING EQUIPMENT > Scoring Equipment
- MAILING/FULFILLMENT EQUIPMENT & SYSTEMS > Address/Barcode Printers
- PACKAGE PRINTING & CONVERTING > Coating Machines
- PACKAGE PRINTING & CONVERTING > Embossing Equipment
- PRESS ACCESSORIES & PERIPHERALS (GENERAL – ALL PROCESSES – DIGITAL, SHEET OR WEB) > Anti-Static Devices
- PRESS ACCESSORIES & PERIPHERALS (GENERAL – ALL PROCESSES – DIGITAL, SHEET OR WEB) > Quality Control Systems
- PRESS ACCESSORIES & PERIPHERALS (GENERAL – ALL PROCESSES – DIGITAL, SHEET OR WEB) > Temperature Control Systems & Devices
- PRINT OUTPUT EQUIPMENT (DIRECT DIGITAL OUTPUT DEVICES) > Other Direct Digital Output Devices
- PRINT OUTPUT EQUIPMENT (DIRECT DIGITAL OUTPUT DEVICES) > Specialty Printers
- PRINT OUTPUT EQUIPMENT (PRINTING PRESSES--BY PROCESS, TYPE & PAPER FORMAT/SIZE) > Digital Color Presses
- PRINT OUTPUT EQUIPMENT (PRINTING PRESSES--BY PROCESS, TYPE & PAPER FORMAT/SIZE) > Digital Copier/Duplicators
- PRINT OUTPUT EQUIPMENT (PRINTING PRESSES--BY PROCESS, TYPE & PAPER FORMAT/SIZE) > Digital, i.e., Direct-to-Paper Sheetfed
- PRINT OUTPUT EQUIPMENT (PRINTING PRESSES--BY PROCESS, TYPE & PAPER FORMAT/SIZE) > Ink Jet
- PRINT OUTPUT EQUIPMENT (PRINTING PRESSES--SPECIALTY BY APPLICATION/PRODUCT) > Envelopes
- PRINT OUTPUT EQUIPMENT (PRINTING PRESSES--SPECIALTY BY APPLICATION/PRODUCT) > Film & Foil
- PRINT OUTPUT EQUIPMENT (PRINTING PRESSES--SPECIALTY BY APPLICATION/PRODUCT) > Label
- PRINT OUTPUT EQUIPMENT (PRINTING PRESSES--SPECIALTY BY APPLICATION/PRODUCT) > Other Presses, Printing Specialty by Application/Product
- PRINT OUTPUT EQUIPMENT (PRINTING PRESSES--SPECIALTY BY APPLICATION/PRODUCT) > Packaging
- PRINT OUTPUT EQUIPMENT (PRINTING PRESSES--SPECIALTY BY APPLICATION/PRODUCT) > Security
- PRINT OUTPUT EQUIPMENT (PRINTING PRESSES--SPECIALTY BY APPLICATION/PRODUCT) > Stationery
- PRINTING SUBSTRATES > Other Paper Substrates
- PRINTING SUBSTRATES > Other Plastic Substrates
- PRINTING SUBSTRATES > Polycarbonate Film & Sheet
- PRINTING SUBSTRATES > Vinyl Film & Sheet
- PRINTING SUBSTRATES > Vinyl, Adhesive Backed